Thursday 15 February 2018

Speedo calibration and other little jobs

After my run to the pre-MOT last week and the speedo showing me doing 140 mph!! (I wasnt) I obviously needed to calibrate it. Nice and easy to do.

Press the button on the speedo while turning on the ignition and release it before the needle sweep returns to zero.
The screen then shows SETPPU. Press and hold the button again for about 2 seconds and the current setting is shown.  The digits then flash for 2-3 seconds each before moving to the next number. When the number is flashing if you press the button again it increases.  Once you let go, after 2 seconds it moves to the next number.  Once all numbers are set they all flash together. press the button one more time and DONE is shown on the screen. I set 013021 which is the number for the FORD setup and the figure advised by GBS.

While I was out I did a few other bits.  One was change two nuts to nylocs as noted by the MOT pre test last week.  While I was there I noted a steering gator has a slight nick in it and is leaking grease! DAMN. Tried to repair it but need a new one.

I also used a bit of sealant to hold the washer fluid bottle in place, nice and easy.

And finally I used a bit of sealant to hold the steering bung in place as it keep slipping off.

Left to do:
Trim seat bolts - Not an IVA issue
Trim gearbox if I get chance - Not an IVA issue
Change the headlights back to halogen
Fault find the battery warning light
Put the emissions map into slot 2 and power map into slot 1 on the ECU
Replace the fuses with the LED type that glow red when the blow (its a pain in the arse finding which has blown each time.
Change steering gator.


I think thats pretty much it!

No comments:

Post a Comment