Tuesday 13 February 2018

Pre-test MOT

As ive mentioned in previous posts, I planned to get my car MOT'd prior to the IVA.  I got her all booked in and was so excited about driving it on the road.  After days of minor minor jobs, I got up early to.....

A think hard frost with the road visually iced over!

After de-icing the wifes car, she followed me down to my local centre just 8 miles away.  After a few miles I noticed the speedo wasn't working.  Pulled over and noticed a single wire and come loose.  No tools with me so carried on and got to the MOT test.  I was 1 min late so "missed my booking" but managed to get every single employee outside to have a look and chat to me about the car - FOR 20 MINS!!! They said id been re-booked for 1330 and to come back later.

I was actually quite happy with that as I got to drive the car again!

Anyway, returned later that day and they put it through:
Emissions - PASS
Brake efficiency - PASS
Headlight alignment (needed tweaking) but - PASS
Tracking - Not able to conduct due to the kit they had
A professional look over and they said it was very well built, so much so they said it was a pleasure to work on that day and the test was free!

All in all, very happy and drove home a happy boy.  Turns out its a thirsty car though so pulled in at the local petrol station for some fuel.  Once topped up and paid, I tried to leave but she wouldn't start. Nothing I tried worked.  After stripping the dash it turns out Id blown a fuse - swapped for a new one and she fired up and I drove home.

Got a handful of minor jobs to do now and only one weekend to do them (due to work) before the test.  Long range weather looks cold but I just hope its not snowing or raining. Anything else I can cope with.

No comments:

Post a Comment