Tuesday 23 January 2018

Pre-IVA check

I decided to get my car pre-IVA'd, however the cost to get it there, checked and back again was in excess of £600. So, Ive decided to do it alone. 

Instead ive done some investigation, emailed DVLA, VOSA and the pigs (or police as they prefer to be known) and I AM allowed to drive it on the road to an MOT station as long as the car is insured, and the work is pre-booked, and I take the direct route. 

So, Im going to do all the last few jobs this weekend and book it into my local centre for the headlights to be aligned, the emissions to be tested and finally the brakes to be checked.  While I'm there I think ill also get the wheel alignment done so I know everything is as it should be.  This should cost less than £100 so quids in from my original plan. 

Cant wait to do that drive.  Its only 6 miles each way but if it doesnt break down on that run, I should be ok for the hour long trip to Bristol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment