Friday 18 August 2017

Cooling System

One of the last big jobs is the cooling system - its really getting close to being finished now! After a bit of research it all seems straight forwards. Firstly was to install the new thermostat housing which houses 2 sensors - 1 for the instruments and the other for the ECU. This was a straight bolt on job but with paper gaskets between the joins. I also sanded them as flat as possible using a 300grit and paper to ensure they were perfectly flat after being powder coated.  Finally before assembling I added a small dab of gasket sealant.






Next I cut off the two additional mounting tabs from the radiator. These aren’t needed on the Zero and hinder it mounting properly so were removed, filed, primed and given a coat of Matt black paint. If you didn’t know they were there you never would! Very happy with this job.





Next thing I did was to mount the radiator and fan into the car, straight forwards with 4 bolts but not sure about the bolts through the fan resting on the radiator. I’ve put a few layers of duck tape behind in the interim but will need to revisit this I think.

Before..


The tape I mentioned....



And after. I was going to paint the aluminium support brackets but they give a nice shape through the grille.



Final job for the day was the stainless steel overflow tank and a few silicone pipes.





I couldn’t do anymore as I’ve been sent the wrong pipe for here so called it a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment