Tuesday 3 January 2017

Rear combination lights

Next job for the day was fitting the rear combination lights using the fitting kit id got for Xmas.  Firstly I lined the lights up checking they were within the limits set by IVA. I then marked through all 4 corner holes and the centre and began drilling - slowly. When all 5 holes were drilled to 6.5mm, I started reaming out the centre hole so it could take the rubber grommet needed to prevent the wires rubbing through. 

The centre hole was too fat to take the grommet so using a drum sander, I sanded the GRP slowly until it was thin enough to fit. 


I then bolted the light on and repeated on the other side - Lovely job. 


2 comments:

  1. Well I laid on the cold, damp, GRP covered drive holding the nut while someone tightened the bolts up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete