Saturday 7 January 2017

Lower / Aux dash panel

Today I started the lower dash panel. It was preformed and just needed to decide what switches I wanted and where I wanted them. Ive gone for the Fog light, horn and 12V charger, I might add the start stop button at some point in the future so have left the 12V socket intentionally low.

I started by marking where I wanted what and then drilled the holes out.


I filed them so they were all smooth and then removed the protective plastic to give the following finish....


Next up was to cover the whole thing in a carbon effect, green vinyl id bought.


Final job on the front of the panel was fitting the switches. I really like the effect Ive managed here and may cover the whole of the top tunnel in the same material.


Final job was to connect up the loom for the switches, was one plug off on my first attempt which wasnt too bad, but have it correct now.


No comments:

Post a Comment